THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Head Injury's

I got a phone call Wednesday afternoon from the school saying Kyle got hurt in the head and is bleeding a lot and that I need to get down there asap. Apparently the class got let out for recess and Kyle was running outside when he tripped and fell, hitting his head on the metal door frame. Of course there was blood immediately, and if you know Kyle he totally freaks out at this sort of thing. When I got there he was mostly calmed down. I asked the nurse if she thought he needed stitches, she said yes, and then he crying started again. We drove to the Hospital where Jake met us. We were going to wait but it was a 3 hour wait so we left and drove to his doctor's office. They said they could get him in, so we waited there. I had to go home to be with Kelly and Case so Jake was left to deal with the drama alone. Finally they saw the Dr. and he stitched him up after a little struggle and a TON of questions from Kyle. He has to know every detail of what the Dr. is doing, what things he is using, and what the're for. It takes 3 times as long to do anything like this with Kyle than it would with a normal kid (that's part of Kyle's charm). It doesn't help that Kyle was TRAUMATIZED about a year and a half ago when his got whacked in the head with a golf club from Case and had to get STAPLES in his head. Hopefully with all this experience in head trauma, it won't be as bad next time....,nah this IS Kyle where talking about! :) Anyway he is all better now and recovering nicely from the experience. He got to stay home from school and received lots of special treatments from Mom and Dad! Super Mario Galaxy does WONDERS for recovery also, thank you Mario! We love you Kyle!! :)

Here are some before pictures from my camera phone and then some after he got back from the Doctor. He gave the whole thing a thumbs down. It doesn't look to bad, at least it's in his hair and not on his forehead.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Kyle! :-) I'm glad he's feeling back to normal. Love, Auntie LP

jenn goodman said...

Oh poor guy!!! That looks like it hurt!!

Brimhall Family said...

Oh man that looks like it hurts! Poor Kyle I'm glad he's doing better.

Chelsea said...

Ouch!! What a scary thing for him. Shay I have the same exact picture of you doing the thumbs down tongue thing. Haha!! So cute!